Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Karlos wrote:
    Park Inn is now shut & boarded up apparently.

A real shame and I really hope someone will take it on.

Without a doubt the best live music venue in the town for a number of years (sorry Jackie). I've spent over a decade checking out the bands most weekends. Jeanette, Kelly (who booked the bands) then Mandy who had had the place for ages left, then it was the bloke (Roy?) who also had the Black Horse in Hawkinge/Densole. Then things seemed to get random with various holding landlords who didn't really get the 'venue' thing. My final straw was when the last babysitter stopped doing cheap spirits. Prior to that I'd also pop in on the odd weekday evening for a couple of doubles at £3.40 (iirc), then suddenly they were nearly a fiver. Killed the midweek evening trade that did and also stopped me spending all Friday/Saturday in there watching bands! From what I've heard Sunday lunchtimes were pretty legendary as well.

Rumour amongst fellow ex patrons/other landlords/barflys is that the PubCo wants to much rent to make it a viable proposition.

end link