Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Dear Roger

The above picture (Old Post Office).

In 2006 I understand DDC were asked to get the building listed.

They went as far as "notice to be served to the owner" when the owners address (I am advised in Ashford) was in fact a empty two up two down property.

DDC then dropped the matter.

It is now perhaps time to get this building listed and any forumites who would like to see this important building listed place on record in order for DDC to recommence the action they dropped in 2006. Failure to secure listing could see it demolished in the future.

Re DTIZ... The initial plans that we are awaiting work to start (viz Asda etc) only covers up to the "eastern" bank of the Dour.

Therefore the dilapidated buildings "west" of the Dour to York Street are not covered although DDC possibly have plans for this area of Dover that have not yet been released. It is my understanding that many of these buildings may already have been purchased by DDC.

What is needed is for details of what plans are afoot for the land between the River Dour and York Street

end link