Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hi Colin

I agree the Traffic Wardens are highly prolific..not sure if they are on a bonus system!!!

I think DDC were to or have retitled them "Enforcement Officers" so in effect they could have the powers for litter/dog fouling etc if DDC so desired but I dont think they do any of this at present

HI Ross

Yes the underpass is a disgrace,, this is the only route that tourists take from the seafront and sets the scene for their visit to Dover.

It seems DDC has a "Chewing Gum Removal Machine" but it is the wrong type as only cleans paving and not asphalt.

To open the subject a little wider.... As a boy I remember when there was a penny deposit on a bottle. This encouraged the bottle to be returned to the shop, if it was discarded there was always someone who would pick it up to get the penny. How about a 5p on cans as we seem to have the town scattered with beer/drink cans . A tax on chewing gum if the tax was used for cleaning the streets rather than, I suspect, Central Government would retain it in the general coffers.

end link