Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I agree Ross that there is no single thing that will make Dover Town look great, that's why I'm trying to tackle it from an holistic approach - where all ideas are worked on.

You mentioned the black flower tubs - the planters; if the weather hadn't changed so much before Christmas, they would have been done by now. I contacted the Community pay-back team earlier in December, they're part of the Probation Service, to work on the black tubs - weeding, more compost put in them, dug and replanted.
    Dover District Council are supplying the compost and the flowers and work was to be done the week before Christmas week; not sure when it will be done now.

Some of the benches need moving, as well as changing, or in the least having some work done on them - rubbing down and revarnishing; this could also be done by the Community Pay-Back team.

Some of the litter bins have ashtrays on the top, it would be good to have them all uniform; the finger signs should be in French and English, especially with encouraging the French to come over here.

As Dover Business Support Manager, I am happy to be the co-ordinator to get all the ideas and work sorted, but there also needs to be the support of the Dover Businesses, whatever their trade.
    That support can be in membership of DBS and at £3.00 per week, I really don't think that's too expensive to get the Town changed - the price of one pint of lager a week.

I also want more, lots more email addresses of local people, so I can advise them of what's going on here: public information, up and coming events and local busienss news and offers.

All the emails I send out are "blind" so no one sees the emails, so no one can receive scam or spam emails from them; it is a cheap and very quick way of letting people know what's going on in and around Town.

Lots more to say and do, but that will do for one posting.

Roger

end link