Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I know we have discussed this before, quite comprehensively, but I want (as Dover Business Support Manager) to push for action in 2010 to get the worst of our run-down and dilapidated commercial buidlings in Dover Town, smartened up.

Shortly before Christmas I walked the Town - High Street, Biggin Street, Cannon Street, Market Square, Bench Street and all roads off, making notes of what I thought were the worst ones.
    I know people can argue that I could have gone as far as Hollis Motors along London Road, but a line has to be drawn somewhere, so I drew that line at Bridge Street; I know there are some bad ones along London Road and I will compare them against those in the Town Centre.
    I want to concentrate on the Town - if this is as successful as it can be, we can spread it outwards afterwards.

If I can ask all of you to make a note of the scruffy, run-down buildings while you're out and about in Dover and email me, let me know the worst ones - it doesn't have to include a photo but if you wish to, please do; when I have a short list of the worst offenders, I will start the process.

You can email me at lindenrog@aol.com or rogerw@doverchamber.co.uk

Thanks for your help.

Roger

end link