Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have now given up the post of Chairman of Finance for reasons that are now well know of my dissatisfaction principally with the way the Council has been managed last year - I have great hope that this year the new team will do better. as part of the old team I was unable to express my views publicly but to have to work with bringing in the 29% precept rise and how it was brought about politically was difficult. I was more against the politics of it than the overlarge sum. I however finished the job and now as I am not so bound by the restriction may now express my opinions more freely.

I have seen the whinges of some about problems with DTC so if anyone wants to address them to me by e-mail I will address every one. as I have said before I will not enter in to public wrangling over individual persons or issues unless they have public interest. I will and have done my job and know that the public could never appreciate the many unpaid hours that go into it. However as other councillors here know - you dont do it for that. I do intend to withdraw from public participation over the next few years but will keep progressing with the Dover Alliance as I fervently believe that politics has been the ruination of this town and certainly at Town level has no place.

It is best now to look forward to a town which is growing up - which is going to be developing and which needs all of us to get involved in some way - I regret that I have little tolerance for those that sit on the sidelines and complain but do nothing and great respect for those that even if I dont agree with them actually go out and try. In the next ten years this town will change how it changes depends entirely on those that are involved in it not the crows on the fence.......

end link