Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Funny you should mention that Howard, it sort of ties in with what I was told today.
    I was informed today by a well respected Dover Councillor that if 10 or more people put in writing their wish that our Mayor be voted for by the people of the town then that wish must, by law , be granted. Now I'm sure we could easily get that amount of people just from this letters club - couldn't we? Why should it always be decided from within? As Howard said - they take it in turns.
    Personally I think Bob Markham has been an excellent mayor and it seems a shame he will be ousted tonight in favour of Diane Smallwood, who I'm sure is a lovely person, but it seems like Bob has only been in power for 5 mins.
    Just as a matter of interest, who would you like to see as our mayor? Doesn't have to be a councillor, just a Dover resident.

end link