Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The longevity of the Dover - Folkestone line is down to geology and the political will to spend more money to remedy any further dae. If the government is happy to spend a staggering £56 billion on HS2 I am sure an engineering solution could be found to WHATEVER problems befall the line, if someone is prepared to fund it.

A long-discussed solution is a Canterbury loop to link us with the High Speed line at Ashford, running from somewhere past Bekesbourne to the line from Canterbury West .

Interesting about a station at Whitfield - where would that be exactly? I would not define the stretch between the Duke of York's tunnel and Martin Mill as Whitfield by any reckoning. And the Victoria line is of course topographically impractical to link with Whitfield.

Still, a train station is one aspect of development at "Whitfield" that I approve of.

end link