Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Keith Sansum1 wrote:
    I saw the interview Sue I think they are going back to where they started just setting up somewhere and serving out of boots of cars until this is all resolved.
    of course the not in my back yard will go on thus the issue will be dragged on.

Sadly really because these volunteers give up there time to help the needy and it could be said they are doing the job that govts/councils should be doing anyway

Typical nimbyism nonsense claim.

Natty in his/her first post said
    "I have been a soup kitchen volunteer for about a year now.
    From my understanding, we do not wish to operate out of a building, as there would be more space for the clients who are drunk or high to cause problems, and it would be harder to manage asking them to leave at the end[U][/U].
    Also, although the Catholic church offered us the use of some land, this would be closer to the residents who originally complained, and as the land is off the main highway, the volunteers felt that it may not be safe for them[U][/U]."

No one except a masochist would want to actively welcome a group with a record of anti social behaviour into their midst.

Especially if the locals are elderly or vulnerable in some other way.

It is not harsh or wrong to not want someone else's problem to be imposed upon you as if it were yours.

There is a need for this service and these people definitely need help[U][/U] so I call upon you Cllr Sansum to find a solution in your ward rather than criticise others, perhaps the plot adjacent to Dover Priory Station (as an interim solution) where a car park will eventually be built.

end link