Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

A reply for Christine.a in particular, but everyone else too.

Biggin Hall is nearing the end of the first phase of re-decoration. The gutters and drains have been cleared, some of the floor has had to be replaced where it was springy and found to be rotten, re-plastering is nearly done, works highlighted by the Fire Risk Assessment have been completed and now require decorating, the new kitchen has arrived and is being fitted, skylights have been opened up and have been boarded & plastered.

New LED lighting is being fitted and the central heating tested. Apart from the professionals such as the electrician, plasterer and plumber, all the work is being done by Rotary Club volunteers.

It is hoped that the main hall and kitchen will be open towards the end of November, but if any one is interested in using the hall, please comment here, and I will pick it up and pass it on. Of course you can always email via the site www.dovercommunity.org

When a telephone and internet have been installed I will let you know.

Plans are being drawn as I type for a new public convenience which subject to the usual planning rules and of course obtaining funding, will hopefully be built in the immediate vicinity. This will then release the space that is currently occupied by the aged and not particularly nice loos, so that this can be integrated in to the community space within the hall too. DCA are not providers of Public Conveniences!!! However the need is of course recognised and so rather than close them, which would not be helpful, Dover Town Council has offerred to fund DCA in order that the current facility stays open. As a newbe to public toilets, it is amazing how much trouble is generated by the very existence of them, and how much they cost to run!!

end link