Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Went over to Ashford on Friday to the wonderful world of County Square. It has just been extended. My wife was in seventh heaven when we walked into Debenthingies, a huge store over two floors. This to my mind is certainly competition to what I call McCarthur Park.

On the way back we went into Folkestone to the new shop that replaces M&S. Oh that we had something similar here.

On arrival at Dover we were confronted with Charlton Centre. Need I say more?

OK so we will have DTIZ. But who want's a couple of shops, an hotel and a supermarket on a trunk road that gets clogged up from time to time?

The whole rot started post war when the Engineering Works were allowed to expand in the town centre. I once saw a sign in the back of a car. "Town Planners do it with their eyes closed" How true. I feel like picking Dover up and saying "Have some bloody sense"

end link