Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This is as I posted on the "open" page a few weeks ago.

Of course Dover must "grab" any investment oportunity. However such "pots of gold" are in fact always subject to match funding and with so few large organisations in Dover able to do so any such funding must depend on DDC doing a "match funding".

I personally think both the EH and DHB investments were actually not needed but if they were the only organisations prepared to put up match funding there is little that can be done if money was to be spent on Dover.

It would have been better for DDC to stump up a couple of million with matched funding from Seachange/SEEDA for a real "Town Centre" project.

If it had to be "seafront" investment then Shakespear Beach and Admiralty Pier should have been looked at.

As Howard has said there was time for comments following a display in the library and I certainly put in writing the above issues although it is no doubt another application "fast tracked" just as the Giant Screen in market Square.

end link