Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

You will all be aware that the proposed changes to our sea front have been exhibited and will be available tomorrow and friday to view.

Last night at DTC we had a presentation from Seachange and it was certainly not well recieved. Other than the fact that most of the money appears to have been spent on English Heritage the revelation that the changes to the sea front are being rushed through to be done before end of march next year. Once again we were faced with the statements that planning had been applied for , that public consultation would take place - but then that tender documents were also being prepared. The Town Council have not been consulted or opinions sought. I commented that maybe some Dovorians would like a proper say in how the seafront would change.

Whilst we would back any spend of money that benefitted the town the total arrogance ( my opinion ) of those who make decisions on our behalf is amazing.

The presentation started by explaining that Seachange was aimed at joining the town partners together and then went on to show that the 7.7million was mainly spent on EH and DHB property - the two bodies in this town who have done the least to communicate! Points were made that maybe some better facilities like toilets and town tidying should come somewhere in the list ....

How much of the money has been spent on consultants out of town I didnt get to ask but we were told that the cable car feasibility would cost £250,000.

Shall we give up now?
    D

end link