Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I dont usally respond to personal attacks however sometimes people need to be corrected .Yes Dover is not my home town I have lived here Thirty Seven years ,Why?My husband came to Dover for promotion and when Seaspeed merged with HoverLloyd he reverted back to British Rail He got a job in the Eastern Counties And I was due to follow with my younger son however sadly he died before that could happen .Now I had a choice move to the lovely house we were buyimg or stay in Dover where my daughter was doing her A levels and my elder son had friends .The youger one could have settled anywhere .I stayed and for all of the thirty seven years i have lived here I have worked for my community .
    I could not return to my home town Vic I could never have accessed soicial housing as I saved hard in my younger days and bought a property .THe property in my home town is £200,000 plus for a modest dwelling .
    Some times people who have lived in other counties etc have a lot to offer .
    May I say your comment go back to where you come from is a very typical remark from someone who has limited knowledge of the bacground of the person they are attacking .It nothing to do with not being a local person Its economic sense THey ffice space is too costly
    Sometimes the head has to rule the heart.I would dearly have loved to have returned to my routes but those days are long gone as have my parents .In life you have to make the best of what you have .
    Saving the Dover Express is not on my list of top priorities .
    Im sure you will still have a paoer just not a local office
    Perhaps you could suggest Collette ,Paul and Simon Finlay go back to where they come from .
    Be very careful at pointing fingers .

end link