Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

My understanding is that the Old Town Yard area will be re-connected at the same time as the HSL works are done at Shakespeare Tunnel in late July. A rail freight requirement is part of the Port Development [however small]. There is supposedly a potential to connect a single line into old Dover Marine [i.e. cruise terminal]. ? HSL trains?

Nigel & I with Roger Frayne travelled the new Hitachi train from St Pancras to Ashford yesterday. 28 minute journey-apparently broke the speed record. Great train ,great speeds. We arrived at Ashford whilst chatting away to David Foley who taken over from the late Ray Haines. The bug bear was waiting at Ashford for the scheduled train to Dover and taking another 30 minutes to reach Dover stopping at every station on the way. When it reached Dover it terminated and it took me another 45minutes to get home to Deal. What a contrast.

Watty

end link