Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It's the first time I have heard a suggestion it's a Centre for the whole district, in which case it suspect it would make little difference anyway to people in Deal and Sandwich whether they drive to Whitfield or Dover. For public transport users from there it may well be more convenient to travel to Dover. Moreover Sandwich and Deal already have Leisure Centres, which could be expanded - and no doubt they would not be happy if Dover, which would I imagine include Whitfield in their view, had the District's Cente.

I have seen a lot of selfishness on another social medium from people who drive who clearly could not care less about people who do not.

I have been on both sides of the fence on this one. I used to live in Whitfield and thought nothing of the ten minute drive to the Leisure Centre. I would not have wanted the Centre to be built at Whitfield even then, simply to knock five minutes off my journey. People need to consider the good of all people in town.

end link