Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I cannot believe DDC are considering moving it to Whitfield. Dovorians - among the fattest people in the country I believe - have already been stripped of a prime site for a nice walk, i.e. the PoW Pier - and now the council wants to stop us swimming and using the gym as well. What are people who live in the town centre and don't drive supposed to do? Who is going to wait around for a bus in gale force winds on a freezing winter's night after going for a swim? Or even catch a bus there in the first place?

The smacks of giving to comfortable car driving suburbanites at the expense of us pedestrianised Morlocks in the town centre.

Keep it where it is - or failing that keep it somewhere in the town. It is actually adding to deprivation in already deprived areas.

But show me just ONE instance where a major organ in the town took the slightest notice of public opinion? We are treated with arrogance and contempt. And deep down, they know it's the truth.

end link