Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sorry I missed you Marek, I was at a Council meeting, Jean had been collected and dropped off, I must have missed you by about 10 minutes - are you in Town today for a quick one (drink !!).

Great industries there Howard, thank you for reminded us.

I can think of some industries that we should be working on - tourism for one, opening up the cruise welcome group for another and having/allowing small business down at the cruise terminal, selling their wares and souvinirs etc.
    Other Cruise Ports do it - every one on the Baltic States cruises - they realise the potential, it also raises the cruise passengers' view of those Towns that offer that little bit extra.

Better co-ordination amongst local retailers when the ships are in, maybe the cafe's etc. opening say 08.00 instead of 09.00.

A proper tourist bus taking people to all the Dover tourist attractions, not just those in Town, but places like Crabble Corn Mill and the Transport Museum, both of whom need a large injection of visitors.

Roger

end link