Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Keith Sansum1 wrote:
    Post 415

Again if he's happy as things are , the vast majority of people living in Dover are not.

Whether you have lived in Dover all your life or not is not relevant .

I agree with the last bit; for example, I moved here in 1975 - does that mean my 'immigrant' opinion doesn't count, whereas any Dovorian born after 1975 is entitled to a say in how my money should be spent? What about people born in the town who have moved out to the villages, such as River?

As regards the first bit, I don't know the views of the vast majority of people living in Dover, but I do wonder whether the case has been made for any "development" - in other words, do we actually need any or should we just stay as a dormitory town? If the good residents of, say, River, Eythorne, etc have said " hey, we need more visitors to fleece, so let's build some attraction or other and the accommodation to go with it", I must have missed it.

PS: now I come to think of it, how's the pump-priming of Dicken's Corner and subsequent properties that DTC subsidised going?

end link