Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

For the second time in two weeks I tried today to walk the length of the new pier.On both occasions my success in doing so was thwarted by the threat of a downpour of rain.There are absolutely no shelters to be had on the whole length of the pier let alone no seats.On both of my attempts I observed numbers of others give up their walk hardly had they started out and turn back when they realised there was no cover whatsoever from the elements on what is quite a long exposed pier.Many of these well intentioned folk were accompanied by elderly folk,chlldren in buggies and those in wheelchairs who would be particularly vulnerable if caught out by the weather on their promenade.
    This gives the pier a very bleak prospect when it should be an attraction and one can only wonder what was in the minds of the planners/designers/architects of this new feature if not but to deter people from actually going along it.

end link