Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was looking to see how the new lock gate installation was progressing over the weekend BALDWINS heavy lift crane having arrived and then departed last week. The gates (or at least some parts of them) are still on the ground alongside the new lock.

Today (4 Feb) however saw the return of the aforementioned crane - so perhaps we can expect some action in the coming days.

The new bascule bridge deck is still obscured from the pedestrian walkway owing to the temporary works road bridge across the lock, so here (just for ol' times sake) is the present Wellington Dock Lock gates and swingbridge with the bascule bridge arms off to the right.

As there was little obvious activity going on that I could make out from the top of the steps at the Hythe Bay I turned my attention to the interaction of light and shadows playing on the steps themselves.

and the new pier with railings and lamp posts in place

end link