Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

My initial comments are :

1.What difference,if any,would a listing have made to these proposals?In other words would it have been a help to retain the school buildings or a hindrance?

2.What tendering process,if indeed there was one at all,was or was not involved for Kier Construction to be the firm involved in the proposals?If none,why not?

3.Presumably the plans will be subject to local planning permission,so at this stage the proposals are not a total foregone conclusion.

I think the best that should be done is to at least put up a case for the retention of such iconic buildings in some shape or form if not as a school.It would be interesting to know the exact structural reasons why the buildings have been deemed unfit.

Once the planning permission process is set up these are the questions that I,for one, should like to see answered.

end link