Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ah...Gerry was our gangly legged striker at Selhurst Park. Not one of gods gifts to football, not when it came to the ball at his feet, but good in the air and could strike the ball with the best of them. Those were the days when tall ball headers were all the rage and wasnt it Tony Hately who became the first £100,000 footballer. He couldnt play all that well either on the floor but in the air..great!

We bought , Im relying on distant memory here, Alan Birchenall from Chelsea and he played alongside Gerry Queen for a while but more or less replaced him then. Gerry was Scottish...not sure what became of him after that.

I remember cold winter days.. shivering in the stands with me Ginsters Pie, a nibble here a bite there trying to keep warm, and calling out at the top of me lungs with everyone else..eeeegullls eeeegulls ( yes we were the eagles at Crystal Palace soaring to dizzy heights..ahem!) George Best came with Manchester Utd one time and as I remember they gave us a 5-1 stuffing. Sobering. We didnt hit the dizzy heights that day.

end link