Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Went to Deal today to visit a sick friend.The seafront was humming.Cafes open doing brisk trade.The pier packed with Edwardian type strollers.Ice cream cornets being licked and slurped.Drinkers (god forgive me) sat enjoying themselves outside Dunkerleys and The Port Arms drinking and bathing in the sunshine.The fish stall serving portions of mussels etc.

Then we had to go to Folkestone seafront.Chummys the fish stall 4 or 5 deep at the counter again selling fresh hot and cold fish and seafood.The small but busy market selling everything from vintage postcards,a french baker at pains(oh poor pun) selling his bread and pastries.The fresh cake and pie man mobbed as he was selling his home made chunky apple and sultana pie.Local farm produce and local sausages and home made burgers being woofed down whilst the queue for the freshly cooked Thai Chicken noodles or Green curry at £3.30 a good portion was never less than 10 persons long.My girls enjoyed themselves but both wondered why or to use Natascha words "why can't Dover have a small market like this Daddy at the weekends?" or as Marites said "how come Dover Sole is famous the world wide but you can't buy any fish on the seafront not even a crab stick?"

I don't know the answers...do you?

Well we've still got DTIZ and a promise that the Crypt will be...yawn..yawn old water well yawn...

end link