Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Your not the only one that has lived in other parts of the Country Sue so have I and believe me I haven't come across a council so slow in doing anything as this one.
    The 'This is your life' paragraph has absolutely no bearing on the subject in question and is of very little interest to anybody other than your family
    Councillors are bound to come into criticism it's part of the job, if you can't hack it nobody forces you to do it but sensitivity and politics albeit on the minor scale we are discussing here do not mix.
    What has come into question is your old-fashioned idea that anything which smacks of the 21st century is not going to work in Dover. You condemn something that hasn't even been given a chance, your judgment being based upon a couple of businesses in the Market Square and a resident of Dolphin House, hardly representative of the majority.
    The town has a past it has some historic buildings but it is never going to be another Rome, it must move forward to survive, more must be done to improve the town itself in order that it can effectively compete with Canterbury, a screen alone will not achieve this but at least its a tiny step forward and it hasn't taken 20 years of talk to achieve.

end link