Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Arthur wrote:
    I’m very curious as to who is going to buy all of these houses? So far very few have been built on Phase 1 of the three Whitfield sites. None at all on the main Burgoyne Heights site (not sure how far that has progressed). Where are the jobs to encourage people to live in the area? Unfortunately Dover does not have enough well paid career opportunities, therefore the young people who leave for university and get good qualifications never return and that’s unlikely to change.

I'd like to know that too, and who locally would be able to buy them anyway? Not me. I walked past the officers mess site at Connaught the other day and it's moving along, although looking at the foundations I'm not sure there is much room in those houses?

Both my teenagers have said they can't see any attraction of staying in Dover after school or university, which shows how attractive the area is, and it shouldn't be like that.

end link