Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Pablo wrote:
    Everything to do with the NHS is at best a postcode lottery. Indeed a lottery- every single person I know who has has Covid picked up the virus while an inpatient at WHH or while on duty at Buckland.

Unfortunately hospitals are the places where the chronically sick and those in need of treatment have to be taken if they are going to have any chance of survival.

It must be an extremely difficult situation to manage considering the pressures that they have to work under and it must be an impossible task to identify and avoid all avenues of cross contamination.

Even the doctors, nurses and other hospital workers are themselves at risk of catching the viruses that they are trying to treat.

Many are dying of infections that they pick up during their efforts to treat patients, so I suspect they are not consciously taking chances with how they provide care.

It is up to all of us to try to stop the spread of the virus by observing sensible precautions and try to avoid having to go to hospital in the first place.

Not always possible I know with the many underlying health problems that many people have to endure.

end link