Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Weird Granny Slater wrote:
    Except, we cannot. We had freedoms, but gave them up for 'safety'. We now have government permissions. If that doesn't worry you, then there'll be plenty of time to mug up on C20th history.

We still have freedom, because if we didn't, people wouldn't be able to shop in Morrisons without a mask, people wouldn't be able to ignore social distancing when meeting on the seafront, people would be forced to obey the law like in some other countries, and ironically, Dover (and the UK) might have got rid of this pandemic sooner if we had no freedom (ooh, that last point is a separate debate all on its own!).

I have freedom of choice and I have chosen to follow the medical advice of people more qualified than any of us, but equally I could have chosen to ignore that advice and put my loved ones and community at risk.

Can't get much more freedom than that!

I'll go and read up on 20th century history now, in case I missed something when I was living in those times

end link