Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I think mixed messages are now coming out of the club.
    Directly after the defeat on radio Kent the chairman spoke of budget cuts for next season and whether or not the manager will still be in place come the start of next season .

The manager later spoke of a chat with the chairman and his plans for a complete clear out and building a side good enough to compete in this league.

Dover has always suffered from lack of sponsorship and poor decisions at times.

Indeed the chairman wants £3m for the club, I'm led to understand he was offered £2.m but then increased it to 3.

None of this payback was mentioned when he took over the club.

Although it has a small fan base it could be a lot higher it became a real community focused club.

Onto last Saturday, considering there was a chance Dover had to win to stay up(luckily other results meant they didnt) it was another poor performance .

This is now three seasons of things are going to change, just like(if he's here next season)
    The present manager is saying of a clear out.

Because of lack of sponsors Dover can't bring in players as they all have agents! And costs are high even at this part time level!.

Thoughts are going around about , would it have been better to have been relegated and play at a level i t s more likely to be able to afford.

The chairman in interview putting money In(but wants it back!) And really the club needs sponsorship to move forward , or decide to drop down.

I think i t has had its years punching above its weight in the national league, I wonder what the future does hold.

Announcing ,(chairman)at pre season it couldn't afford to be promoted due to wage hikes May be was not a wise decision.
    And that the club would be in top four budgets in the league which was clearly not the case.

You do wonder if May be a community model , run by supporters of such like could be an option?
    But until the chairman decides to leave that doesn't look like an option .

Watching Dover since the 60s has had its high and lows, the most important is that town has a football club competing at as higher level that it can afford.

end link