Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I went to the Manager/chairman question time.

Most present were supportive of club , and the theme was around next season .

It appears that the club are looking at the big difference between the national League (where the chairman reported it would cost around £4m to compete ) and next season's national League South where he stated it would cost around £400,000
    The chairman's aim was to gain sponsorship for the season (which has its doubts )
    But the one view I did find strange was that when asked do you think we could return to national League ?.the answer was around affordability and although very prudent for the club, showed a lack of ambition (not wanting promotion) so it did leave some confusion as to what Dover would do should they win league(which at this point is unlikely )
    We look at the National league South where it isn't going to be that easy with some clubs being financed by wealthy chairman , some full time clubs .
    And Dover still looking at whether or not it can financially compete even at that level.

Iv watched many games home and away and for me I have supported Dover since the 60s and there have been great times , and sad times , but I will always support my home town.
    But It does concern me when I see managers home and away shouting at players instructions , encouragement , etc and the Dover manager often motionless or just sitting in dug out .

So I thought I would ask this question bearing in mind crowds down from 1,000 to 500
    I'm aware of of quite a number who are staying away all time present manager in place , don't get me wrong here he has done well to get many loan players in, and links there in.
    But the shortage of motivation during games is a serious concern .

The chairman quickly defended the manager which was expected as he had just signed him for another season lol

But neither excepted this may be an issue in fact went on for some time defending the manager
    All if that's fine if the club feels that is the way forward and it works , but I do have my doubts as many others do when I see really passionate Dover supporters staying away there's concerns .

I'm hopeful the club can survive even at this lower level, but it's better to put it out there rather than pretend there are no problems .

All Dover can do is dent others promotion ambitions this season, and it has been a good ride at this highest non league level , but we should enjoy this last season at that level .

end link