Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I'm one of Dovers obese too. Two years ago at a routine check I was found to have dangerously high blood pressure which was attributed to my weight. My doctor told me in no uncertain terms that I was a prime candidate for a heart attack or stroke if I didn't lose weight. She told me I must cut out salt from my diet and she gave me a list of food in three columns, ones I could eat any amount of, those to eat sparingly and those I should avoid altogether. Frightened, I got straight onto it and the weight just fell off me. I was eating fish or chicken with steamed vegetables, no desserts and cereals for breakfast. At lunchtime I had a wholemeal salad and chicken or prawn sandwich. I wasn't hungry and once the weight started coming off it spurred me on. By the summer I was able to wear shorts and a swimming costume and had dropped four dress sizes, I even wore a bikini in Majorca that year. Then I had a big upset in my life. I had lost five stones and felt really good, but when tragedy struck I took comfort in eating and soon put back three stones of the five I lost. Now I'm trying hard to lose it again. I need willpower I know but I will do it because I value my health. I'm angry that I let myself go but only I can put it right again. All I would say is this. Losing weight is about eating and drinking the right foods at regular intervals. Only you can do it and you have to do it for you - no-one else. Good luck to anyone who is with me in trying to lose weight - again!!

end link