Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well here's my 2 pence worth.

I am obese. I have no idea what I weigh, but at just 5ft 1inch I should "according to statistics" weigh 8stone. I was 8 stone once MANY moons ago after a starvation diet which not only made me VERY unhappy, but caused my teeth to decay at an alarming rate. I also looked anorexic.

I would certainly not say I am totally healthy, because carrying around the weight I do is not right, however I do get good excercise, mostly through walking carnival routes.

I know where my food problem lies, in that I eat very little throughout the day, and then eat one meal late at night. I never touch breakfast.

I was overweight as a kid, was seeing dieticians at 11. I can honsetly say I was not happy either thin or going to see so many people telling me I was fat.

In the west midlands there has been an initiative that the GP refers the overweight person to I think it's weight watchers (who normally charge) but because there is a referal from GP the class is free.

I have never understood why I would want to pay someone whatever it is per week to lose my own Fat.
    For those on low incomes and budgets people just don't have the money to spend on going to weight watchers.

There is also like Sue says social issues, our kids are not taught to cook properly in school unlike I was, where we learned to cook balanced nutricious meals.
    Fruit and veg although now reasonably priced lots of people will not buy, simply beacuse they have not learnt the basic cooking skills to some of the veg, lots of people now lead very hectic lifestyles, with many parents still working when their children arrive home from school to often empty houses, so therefore they either cook convinience foods or snack on crisps. There are lots of issues involved.

It would be wrong however to put labels on people who are obese as being lazy or eating to much, because in BOTH cases for me this is not so, I know where my problem lies. I don't actually eat at regular times, and when I do eat I eat late, so there are lots of contributing factors to why there is still a large proportion of the population being obese.

end link