Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Some very disturbing statistics in yesterdays Dover Express (page 8) about Dover's alarming problem with obesity. I will just give two headlines which struck home to me
    1. Dovers children are the most obese in all of Kent
    2. A quarter of all adults in Dover are clinically obese.

The problem seems to be getting worse but Im not sure how this can be. We have had very considerable and fanatastic coverage from the government warning of the dangers of obesity, an action some people would call nanny stateism, but yet we the public seem to take no notice. The information from the government has almost reached saturation coverage and passes through into our supermarkets, what we buy, what we see on televison, (for example the five a day fruit thing) but despite all this coverage the problem is getting worse.

Some people shreek in horror at anything that smacks of the nanny state, but lets face it where would we be without the nanny state, on smoking, on heart attacks, on strokes, on the need for exercise, well its endless.

People dont have the sense to follow the right path on their own and we have to spend millions on advertising trying to get them to do the basic...to save them from themselves.

Losing weight of course isnt easy, thats why we have a weight loss industry making zillions per year. it requires effort but its an effort that pays off in real terms. Thank God for the nanny state, where would we be without it. All dead I expect.

end link