Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sue, I don't know if you have had a response to your letter to Mr Aziz re the matter of the ongoing daily breaches of planning happening at the Ramyar Public Hand Car Wash Dover? We have not, so this week I felt compelled to once more write to Mr Aziz about this supplying further evidence of ongoing breaches; to date this email to him has gone un-responded to also, so I feel I have no alternative but to post it below, maybe he will get to see it this way and respond, one can hope!

I cannot tell you how sad this whole matter makes me and how I fear for the future of Dover, I feel this particular issue is the tip of a much bigger iceberg.

DDC is seemingly in total disregard of its residents wellbeing and Human Rights in any shape or form, all of which I find quite staggering, their lack of transparency, their arrogance, their seeming malevolence towards residents that dare to question them and their downright rudeness is beyond comprehension to any fair and reasonable person, when I tell people from outside of Dover what is going on they are truly staggered.

Let alone DDC’s attitude towards listed heritage buildings and conservation areas, that runs so contrary to everything they themselves spout in their new 20 year plan, is off the chart, they say one things because that is what is expected of any right-thinking council, then totally ignore their own words. Unfortunately this matter of the breaches of planning at the car wash, in microcosm, exposes the endemic failings at the heart of DDC and why Dover is where it is today. All I am trying to do is get DDC to uphold their own conditions of planning and safeguard our Human Rights, our mental and physical wellbeing and our right of residential amenity, all things as a residents we should expect a council to do on our behalf.

I have also written once more to Natalie Elphicke MP requesting she writes to Mr Aziz to try and get some action on stopping the said business being allowed to operate in total breach of so many conditions of its planning knowingly, blatantly and intentionally just for their own private gain without the consideration of others and without sanction from DDC. In my letter I also request Natalie Elphicke to officially bring this matter to the attention of Robert Jenrick, I look forward to her response to me regarding this ongoing matter and my requests for help.
    ==================================================================================

Dear Mr Aziz,

You will never know how heavy my heart is as I write this email to you, I feel so sad not just for myself and my family, but also for the people of Dover, your and DDC's handling of matters relating to the repeated ongoing breaches of planning and the operators’ of the said business repeated offensive actions towards myself and my husband taking place at the Ramyar Public Hand Car Wash Maison Dieu Road Dover are truly saddening and disheartening, and I worry for the future regeneration of Dover, when public governance is run in such a way.

Your and DDC's seemingly wanton refusal to answer my past 4 correspondence emails re this matter and DDC's total lack of transparency is truly staggering.

The facts are simple: the said car wash in Castle conservation area since it opened 14 months ago has been in breach of its planning as granted and still is in multiple breaches of planning every day it has been open so far; DDC has acknowledged that the car wash must adhere to ALL its planning conditions to be allowed to operate. So why are the breaches still being allowed to happen and why is DDC allowing this?

DDC knowingly allowing these breaches to carry on when they know the effect they have on our residential amenity, our Human Rights and our mental and physical wellbeing for me points towards a clear case of possible misfeasance in public office, your and DDC lack of transparency and DDC’s past refusals to answer my multiple Freedom of Information requests only compounds this feeling.

Once more I have attached a few photos as evidence of the ongoing breaches on the said site over the last week (again, please note this is just a small percentage of photographic evidence we have collected over the past week).

Also please note for the formal record, the fabric of the Grade Two Star listed Castle Hill House has now been damaged by a vehicle hitting the fabric of the building for the second time in just over one month, this time by way of vehicle damage to the render of the rear elevation ground floor bay. How many times does damage to this building need to happen before DDC is moved to restrict motor vehicles being allowed to pass next to the cartilage of the rear elevation of Castle Hill House as well as stopping corrosive jet wash spray hitting Castle Hill House and the other adjacent listed buildings? The way things are going, it’s only a matter time before severe damage to this highly important national historic asset occurs, either by airborne corrosive chemical damage to the brickwork and window frames or by direct vehicle damage.

Surely by now it must be apparent to all at DDC that Mr Pishtiwan Karim will never adhere to planning as granted to operate a car wash on the said site as per conditions of planning, and surely it must also be apparent to all at DDC that the said site is not conducive or appropriate for such a business operation, I.E. within a conservation area and adjacent to so many historical assets, let alone within meters of people’s homes?

I hope and pray DDC will finally take action to remedy their past failings re this matter.

Julia Stavrietsky
    Castle Hill House
    Castle Hill Road
    Dover CT16 1QG

end link