Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sue, thanks so much for writing to Mr Aziz about this, yes my husband and I have approached both our Ward Councillors. My husband first approached Cllr Hannent about the car wash breaching all its planning conditions last year, I understand Cllr Hannent did talk to Cllr T. Bartlett and Jim McEwen, DDC planning case officer, unfortunately after a number of phone calls and emails by my husband it reached a point where Cllr Hannent stated it was out of his hands. We also contacted Cllr Biggs, who tried to interested, I understand Cllr Biggs raised his concerns in early April about what was happening on the car wash site with Jim McEwen, Diane Croucher and Paul Neagle, to my knowledge he is still trying to get DDC to get these daily multiple breaches of planning stopped, as well as the abuse myself and my husband have to endure, I also understand he was trying to get the “junkyard” vehicles stored on the car wash site without planning permission removed. We also had a couple of emails from Cllr Walkden who stated he had talked to Planning Enforcement team back in mid-April about this matter and specified that the car wash operator must keep within all the conditions of planning as granted.
    As we know Mr Pishtiwan Karim, even though repeatedly was told this, chooses to ignore the conditions of planning related to the site, it seems as far as he is concerned planning conditions are for other people, not him, to adhere to.

The site plan drawing clearly states it only allows for the parking of 4 vehicles (2 car-wash parking spaces and 2 parking spaces for vehicles being offered for sale and/or rent), not the 13 junkyard vehicles that are stored there as of today.

All in all, we are where we are now due to DDC not waiting for the Secretary of State’s ruling on the listing status of Castle Hill House back in 2014, and DDC’s failure in the last year, since the car wash reopened, to protect the house and the conservation area from denigration of setting and physical damage, and to protect myself and my husband from harassment, from loss of our residential amenity, to protect our Human Rights and our wellbeing. And council that allows something of this kind to go on for such a protracted period, I believe, could possibly be found guilty of misfeasance and nonfeasance in public office. Unfortunately at the moment it seems only time will tell.

end link