Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Button wrote:
    "...could you advise where the conditions are documented please?

My friend JulieS has been trying to answer your question, Button, but it looks like Dover Forum have decided to censor this conversation and seemingly blocked her ability to post anything on any subject. So she's asked me to post this answer to you for her:

"Hope this makes things clearer, Button.
    Link where you can find all the documents including Decision and Conditions and Site plan pertained to in the Conditions:
    https://publicaccess.dover.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=ZZZZQFFZMS649

- the car wash operators wash more than One vehicle at a time outside of the one vehicle designated wash & spray area box as shown on the plan, which is north of the site office; in fact they wash vehicles sometimes directly adjacent to our rear elevation windows.

- they do not direct their spray lances away from Castle Hill House when washing vehicles as specified on the plan; in fact quite often depending on which way the wind is blowing, we could clearly see polluted spray blowing onto the rear elevation of our building and our windows, meaning we cannot open our windows due to noise and polluted spray entering our home.

- their use of more than One spray lance at a time causes acoustics levels above those permitted; in fact we irrefutably proved this by commissioning our own extensive independent acoustics report which clearly shows that the noise generated by the car wash operation on the site clearly breaches both World Health Organisation limits as well as the limits set out in Condition 4 by DDC.

- they do not adhere to the vehicle circulation on the site as required for highways safety; in fact vehicles are regularly seen exiting/entering the site across public footpath and across oncoming traffic.

- they do not adhere to the parking arrangements shown on the plan;

- they do not adhere to the correct position and housing of vacuuming equipment, in fact there is no soundproofed housing for the vacuum cleaners in sight, as started there needs to be on the site plan.

- there is no low level roof canopy in place as stated needs to be in Condition 2, in fact they have never polished a single vehicle in the designated area, they polish vehicles all over the site, even directly under our windows.

- there is no screening to protect people on the footpath from polluted spray as stated on the site plan.
    - they do not adhere to their permitted opening and closing times.

- they do not adhere to the designated customer waiting area as shown on the site plan.

I.E. they breach every condition of planning daily.

On top of these multiple breaches of planning the car wash operation breaches various legislative regulations related to conservation areas and business operations that affect the setting of listed buildings by their proximity and nature, these include all the signage and signage lighting on the site which does not have planning permission, nor does the storing of vehicles on the site not for rental or leasing.
    In short, the present car wash operator Mr P. Karim since opening in 2020 has breached every condition of planning knowingly every day and to date has shown no intention of ever complying to the conditions of planning that govern the operations on the said site.

Then of course, there is the other big question, that of pollution, by way of chemicals contained in the soap spray used to wash the vehicles and the PM 2.5 platelets that are propelled into the environment by the action of washing vehicles on the car wash site, which hit Castle Hill House and the other listed adjacent buildings causing slow-acting corrosive long term damage to the buildings’ fabric and prohibiting us from being able to open our rear elevation windows even on the hottest summer day due to the spray and noise generated by the car wash and the fear of the long term carcinogenic effects of PM 2.5 platelets on ourselves.

Also it goes without saying there seems to be a major question of where the foul polluted waters created by the washing of vehicles run off into? Looking on as a bystander over each working car-wash operational day there seems to be a very large build-up of toxic foul water runoff that is not exiting the site. And there is also a question of what their foul water runoff is actually connected to? I personally have a horrible feeling that it is going directly into the main drain rainwater runoff system and soaking through the tarmac into the water table. This suspicion is borne out of my observations of when the area receives heavy rain, soapy water starts bubbling up from the main road rain water runoff drain directly adjacent to the site, and flooding across Maison Dieu Road. I have not observed it just once, I have observed this repeatedly since the Ramyar car wash opened in March 2020, and provided photographic evidence to substantiate this to DDC a number of times.

Of course, all the above is very important and DDC must immediately regularise all the breaches of planning, or order the car wash to close.

However one must always remember the harassment, foul language and verbal sexual abuse I and my husband have been subjected to by Mr Pishtiwan Karim and his employees and friends, this alone should show DDC that Mr P. Karim is not a fit and proper person to run a business of this nature on the stated site."

end link