Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

WCCP cleared that Phil.

I've just had this email from DDC Waste Services:

Dear Cllr Walkden,
    I have received information from Paul Marshall (Environment Agency) concerning the River Dour. The trash screen at Bench Street had a cleaning programme throughout the summer. The Environment Agency have been clearing the screen and Sita on behalf of DDC have been removing the rubbish. Dover Harbour Board have been involved to prevent unwanted rubbish entering the Wellington Dock. The last clearing of the screen was the beginning of November and the Environment Agency are monitoring the situation. Paul Marshall will be working closely with Roger Walton and DDC's Waste Services Team once the optimum times are established.
    The rocks in Pencester Gardens are realigned materials to assist in habitat creation. This was organised through their Fishers, Recreation and Bio Diversity Team and relayed to the River Dour Steering Group before commencing.
    The barrage is not known to the E. A. two of their team saw it Wednesday but it has since been removed.

Sounds like a satisfactory result.

Any more problems let me know, or email DDC's waste services directly on waste@dover.gov.uk

Roger

end link