Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Reactionist nonsense! We are still English, we still live in England and we can still openly recognise ourselves to be that.

We still have an England football team with people flying the cross of St George from their cars, we still have hundreds of years of colourful history and heritage, and nobody says that can't be this. OK national identity has been hijacked by groups like the BNP to insight the exclusion of 'foreigners' and this in turn has led some mindless liberals to mistake national pride for racism.

The idea of not being allowed to be English is the sort of thing that is believed by Daily Mail readers, who seem to forget that we are a nation of immigrants with alliances and progress forming our identity. The seemingly indigenous people of this country are Anglo-Saxon, the hyphen says it all! I'm hard pushed to think of another country whose inhabitants are a clearly defined as a mix. It's a shame that the unrealistic liberals and far right xenophobes have created this silly notion. I rather like this one more:

My mother was half English
    and I'm half English too
    I'm a great big bundle of culture
    tied up in the red, white and blue
    I'm a fine example of your Essex man
    I'm well familiar with the Hindustan
    'Cause my neighbors are half English too

My breakfast was half English
    and so am I you know
    I had a plate of Marmite soldiers
    washed down with a cappuccino
    And I'll have a veggie curry about once a week