Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Good to see that there is a new business trying to do well here in Dover and it certainly sounds a bit different. I havent been in there myself but good luck to them.

But yes I think a cafe with a Christian theme is going to have difficulty generating a market. Likewise if it was a cafe with a Muslim theme it would also similarly suffer. The marketforce wants to be among the great hordes of agnostics in Cafe Costa and Subway. But once again though it indicates how much people identify with the national chains.

I think if a cafe is owned by a Christian or a Muslim it would make no difference to trade at all, but it's the theme aspect that disturbs people and that's for fear of having someone elses beliefs trust upon you. Similarly, several years ago, almost in tandem with Cliff Richard, their was a great push to get Christian pop songs into the charts. This didnt work either as each song came rubber stamped with authorative approval, it misfired because at the time we were all "going off the rails on a crazy train!" If the Bishop liked and approved a song, well it was the kiss of death.

I mention the pop song aspect as an indicator of marketforces, as despite several expensive pushes to get this to happen in the charts by way of tuning into the greater youth market(and save a few souls in the process) it failed. So it is always difficult making a go of something with a religious theme but good luck to them nonetheless.

end link