Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Press Release by the Dover District Council.
    MULTI MILLION POUND TOWN CENTRE
    REDEVELOPMENT.

Multi million pound proposals to develop the St James,s area,have been given the green light by Dover District Councillors.

The Council owns a large part of the site and agreed that the proposals can proceed to a formal planning application, subject to the resolution of a number of minor design issues.
    Upon resolution of these issues, an application could be made within the next month.

The development includes an anchor superstore, shops and restaurants,a 100bedroom hotel, flats, a visitor centre,and a landscaped shoppers car park.

The scheme was presented to Full Council by architects Dyer on behalf of the Council,s development partners Bond City Ltd.

At the moment, the site contains a vacant multi storey car park and the Burlington House office block, togetherwith the Russell Street car park and adjoining buildings.
    The development of the area is a key priority for the Council as set out in the Corporate plan.
    The redevelopmentof the area is included in the council,s Local Plan and the Council has published a planning brief for the site folliwing consultation.

The Council stresses that no planning application has yet been receivedon this matter.
    Any application will be considered on its own merits in accordance with standard procedures.

Cllr Paul Watkins, Leader of Dover District Council,said "The recent Council decision brings the Dover St James,s development a stage nearer fruition.
    Its completion will bring a major boost to the economic regeneration of the area.
    Together with the announcement of the planning application for the White Cliffs Business Park Phase 11, the town and the area have the potential to take Dover District forward into a new phaseof economic growth.
    The end.
    The date of this Press Release was 18.05.2005.

As it is my be nice to all this week, I hand that over to you all and Mr Watkins to talk about on this forum, I hope.

I remain yours faithfully VIC MATCHAM

end link