Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Bern is right there we do need some kind of change but getting anything to happen on any level to do with councils is almost impossible. But John makes an interesting point re workload. Most councillors will have other jobs and some very busy almost gruelling other jobs, so would anyone want to take on a councillors job that had too huge a workload. Its hard enough getting the right people to come forward as it is.

An elected full time mayor with added staff is a good option, but would it require constitutional change and could a town like Dover afford it. There would be full time salaries full time staff...but it could replace some of the existing officialdom.

But you might see much needed movement forward.

Howard mentions Dover Pride. yes there seems to be too many of these bodies all spouting aspirations. Easy to do. I did ask Anne Knight, their new head, if she wanted to join here so that she could keep the community informed as to progress. Im still waiting for an answer and as I asked the question 6 months ago, I am now resigned with a sigh to the prospect of not getting an answer!

end link