Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I do believe there will be a great opportunity for house prices to stay bouyant and not drop people in the negative equity problem, but Gordon Brown has to do two things:

Drop HIPS and reduce stamp-duty substantially, or cut it out altogether.

The High-Speed rail link's arrival in 2009 is (should be) a major driver for optimism.

Evidence shows that where high-speed services are provided, economies expand. Travel times to and from London are reducing to within reach of the "Golden hour" , increasing the attractiveness of the Town to commuters

One of the major problems Dover has, is on the doorstep of Dover Priory where £2.8 million is being spent on regenerating the station and its approach to the Town.

The lovely good quality family homes along the Folkestone Road are all (as they become available) are being sold to developers and turned into tiny one-bedroom flats and bed-sits, where only the miscreants of our society would live.

I don't have a problem with flats - if they are say, two bedrooms and decent sizes, but these are awful places, where decent poeple will NOT want to live.

We are losing a great opportunity here and no one is listening (and yes I am shouting).

Roger

end link