Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Great chestnut that 'ol high speed train for sure.

It drew me down to the coast with images in my be-fuddled mind of zipping back and forth to working nights in the big bad city at the big bad firm, sipping Chardonnay in a Eurostar cabin.

! REALITY CHECK !

Spent 4 years freezing on slam door 60's reject rolling-stock on Connex who lost their franchise around the same time I lost my job through sickness, possibly exacerbated by the god-awful service.

Travel improved? well, I did travel to London for an X-factor audition a year later and the new rolling stock was much improved, but journey times still bad.

Time will tell as with all things.

Did a spell with an Estate agents in the early 80's when I was madly doing three jobs to build a deposit and have to say that at that time the rep they got was well justified, but now? too much legislation surrounding the job and all the Terry Thomas' in sports blazers have moved to journalisim......

end link