Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well done Roger on getting your leaflet out, I agree with Jacqui, you should be made Mayor the next time around. I can see you know with the chain around your neck visiting Calais and Boulogne.

Thanks to Ed. for a very informative post as usual. You certainly have got your finger on the pulse Ed. in regard to the French unions. I guessed that there would be objections when I found out that the Norman Arrow was going to be British registered. I don't think that it is the British registery that gets up their nose but the fact that Portuguese are going to be employed. The French have always believed that the Channel traffic should be either British or French crewed.

P&O Ferries would have all foreign crews now if it was left to them. We have to thank the French for saving British jobs.

I spent many years on coasters and deep sea ships before coming to Dover to work on the ferries. The coasting trade has been decimated by the employment of foreign crews. I go to a web site called "Coasters Remembered" and they are just a memory. We still have coasters sailing around our coast under the British flag but with only the Captain being British the rest of the crews are usually East Europeans, Poles, Lithunians, Russian and Cape Verde.

Sorry to have gone off topic, this is supposed to be Rogers thread.

end link