Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

aaah this is an old one, so was surprised to see it featured today in the Dover Express. We used to prattle on about this one years ago on the old doverweb so am aghast to find the age old problem still exists.

I speak about the pathway between Eastern Cliffs and the Cliff Top of the most famous cliffs in the world, the White Cliffs of Dover. I remember yonks ago highlighting the fact that it was a disgusting mess of dog excrement and rubbish, and now it seems human excrement has been added to the aromatic mix.

This is a path well used by visitors. Loads and loads of walkers go up that way to enjoy the cliffs and indeed I used to do it myself when I had swirling energetic legs of dynamic energy. Not now alas!

But Diane Marsden, local teacher, who takes tourists up that way is appalled at the state of the place and if its anything like the way I last saw it, then people at DDC should listen to her.

Its a simple thing to fix something like this, but for some reason over the years DDC are unable to maintain this path at a decent respectable level. Trust me...it used to be filthy with all the wrong sorts of filth. Looks like it still is. This is sad.

This relatively minor thing could be fixed easily and make a major impact on how some tourists see us.

The Story is on Page 2 of the Dover Express.

end link