Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I took over the chair from Neil when he joined DHB’s board, at the request of Sir Patrick Sheehy and Algy Cluff, who had between them injected about £30,000 into the organisation. From memory there were never more than about 1100 members; the cost of holding an AGM in terms of printing costs, postage and advertising was around £8,000, so the subscriptions were pretty soon swallowed up. Additionally £25,000 was spent on a consultant’s study of the town, port and possibilities for the future. This was undertaken by a man who had masterminded the successful revitalisation of Liverpool docks and waterfront so we had high hopes of fresh ideas coming out of it. I resigned the chair in late 2016 after suffering a stroke and as far as I know the organisation has not met since. Having now moved away from Dover I no longer qualify to hold membership so I passed all the paperwork and records to Natalie Elphicke early last year. Even after the departure of the dreadful Tim Waggott the DHB refused to have anything to do with us and with Neil on the board I did not want to rock the boat too much. Neil incidentally was instrumental in getting rid of Waggott and exposing the toxic culture within DHB so he can at least be thanked for that.

end link