Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

You get the response you deserve Sid. I have certainly not seen anything intelligent or constructive from you. Read what you actually said and place my responses into that perspective. Maybe its just that you are clumsy with your use of language. Compare the 'discussions' between you and I and many others I have had with people such as DT1 and you may learn what a discussion is all about.

Howard - you and I can agree about reading material from a range of sources then. Where we would disagree is over what is really important. Yes the price of fuel etc to which you refer are important along with the job losses and other bed and butter issues, but we also have to look at the root causes of these problems to address real solutions and that is where economoic analysis comes in. The reports from the IMF, OECD and other bodies provide real third party evidence of where the UK economy has gone wrong in this respect. It is the difference with pallatives, treating only the symptoms and getting to the root cause of the problems. You are right this may be above the heads of many people but that does not make it less important or less interesting.

Dave1 - All political parties do indeed mess up but for those of us who pin our colours to a particular Party it is a lot more than that. It is about how we see life and about shared values, not policies some of which work and some of which go wrong. The Labour Party is essentailly a party of big Government, of cradle to the grave, nanny statism, Government knows best. It is with that basic frame of mind that they justify high taxes, red tape and massive increases in beaurocracy. I prefer the Conservative approach where it is the individual that is important, small Government, less tax and leaving people alone to get on with their lives. There are various degrees of each philosophy within each Party that makes for good internal debate as well as debate between the Parties themselves.

At then end of the day we need a Government and for me it can simply be put down to big Government or small Government and its small Government that I am in favour of.

end link