Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I thought Deal Chamber of Trade were the body to look after Deal retail outlets.

I attended a "Best of" (Deal and Dover) Business Networking meeting at Deal Castle last night; it was very well attended too, lots of businesses there talking to each other about their business.

The two Ladies who run the "Best of" work very hard to promote the businesses, but of course it is their livelihood - a money-making (hopefully for them) business.

Near the end of the meeting, they addressed everyone and spoke about their newest initiative, which is working with the East Kent Mercury/Dover Mercury where they (the Best of) place adverts of local businesses who sign up to this scheme, in the paper and guess what ?
    The businesses are offering discounts if you shop with them - you just take the voucher from the advert to the shop and claim your discount.

Why didn't I think of this ?????

Actually, if you think this may work for your business, then please get in touch with Jane and Steph at the Best of.

Dover needs a business support body, not a jobs-worth and not a single issue job, but one that tackles all of Dover's ills.

Roger

end link