Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Taking a family amble along Deal Pier is a nice thing to do. We did same on Easter Monday and yes very pleasant There is something about its lived in feel that makes it appealing. Even trying to negotiate the anglers has a certain attraction. But in some ways it amazes me that its still allowed in the era of Health & SAfety...all those whizzing reeling ballcock thingys and all that chucking of the lines seaward is something of a hazard to be negotiated by a shambling rambling public. BUT I wouldnt change it one bit as the anglers give it a fascination, as you watch and see if they catch anything and so on. But yes it certainly is unusual in this day and age to see the potential hazards and the general public mixed in together.

They stopped them fishing along Dover seafront for that very reason...banned on Health & Safety grounds a few years back.

We eventually made it to the NEW Cafe at the end of the pier, fortunately its a short pier as I cant be doin with too much walking...but alas, although the architecture of the Cafe is au naturelle and interesting, the cafe aspect itself is a tad disappointing with the emphasis more on CAFF than Cafe.

There was an advert at the entrance of the Pier for a forthcoming St Georges Day Party there...and we were all agog with interest, but afterwards when we saw for the first time the location for the party, we changed our minds...as it looks dull. I thought Caff's were gone out of style.

end link