Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Very powerful post there Andrew...and I have a lot of sympathy for various aspects of it. You are clearly not a fan of DDC although the councillors themselves seem very positive that change for the better is afoot. But I recognise people have been waiting so long for that change that frustration is spreading.

I am also in sympathy with the WAG( Whitfield Action Group rather than wives and girlfriends!!lol) in their reluctance to accommodate new housing. I am against that myself and have said so before. The area's personality could be destroyed forever by housing on such a scale. The government of course are massively leaning on local councils in the southheast to build and there may be incentives to do so.

Perhaps Stephen Mannion might like to make a reply. I bumped into him the other day at the Memorial Day celebration ..hadnt seen him for a long time prior to that...so if you are out there Steve and want to respond contact me on
    dover7@msn.com
    or indeed leave a message on our
    Open Letters Page which is open to all.

PaulW himself of course is one of our members and may like to say something in response.

end link